In the Media: Interviews, Podcasts, and Articles
Anese has been interviewed on Truly Human Leadership, The Unmistakable Creative, Fox 40 TV, the Bulletproof Radio and Art of Charm podcasts… just to name a few. Anese has also written for, and been interviewed by, and featured in the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, Inc., Skip Prichard, Business Insider, and the New York Times.
Anese Cavanaugh is devoted to helping people show up and bring their best selves to the table in order to create significant positive impact in their lives. She is the creator of the IEP Method® (Intentional Energetic Presence®), an advisor and thinking partner to leaders and organizations around the world, a keynote speaker, and author of CONTAGIOUS CULTURE: Show Up, Set the Tone, and Intentionally Create an Organization That Thrives (McGraw-Hill, 2015), CONTAGIOUS YOU: Unlock Your Power to Influence, Lead, and Create the Impact You Want (McGraw-Hill, 2019), THE LEADER YOU WILL BE: An Invitation (a leadership storybook), and The IEP Survival Guide: First Aid for Your Presence (ACI, 2015).
As a leading voice on intention, energy, and presence in leadership and culture, she helps people unlock greater leadership potential, collaborate more inspiringly, create more openly, intuit more bravely, and lead more joyfully and effectively. Top innovators and executives in companies like IDEO, Zingerman’s, Cooper, GM Financial, Vistaprint, 15Five, Fitbit, Vivayic, Kaiser Permanente, BNY Mellon, and others have engaged with Anese to strengthen team health, maximize leadership impact, and optimize company culture. In addition to appearing in publications like Harvard Business Review, The Huffington Post, CEO.com, Forbes, the NY Times, and others, Anese has a column, “Showing Up” on Inc.com and writes regularly for subscribers of AneseCavanaugh.com.
- Author: Contagious Culture (McGraw-Hill, 2015), Contagious You (McGraw-Hill, 2019), The Leader You Will Be: An Invitation (ACI, 2018), IEP Survival Guide: 1st Aid for Your Presence (ACI, 2015)
- Advisor: Leadership & Culture Advisor to organizations, industries, and professionals including several on the Fortune 500 List, entrepreneurial companies, and more.
- Strategist, Teacher, & Coach: Coaches senior and executive leaders, teaches any human hungry for more impact and well-being, and leads the IEP work, scaling it through self-study programs and by teaching others to Activate it in their own organizations and/or professional practices
- Industries: While I’ve worked with many industries, my primary focus has been in Design & Innovation, Finance, Health Care, Tech, Hospitality, Sales, Legal, and Education
- Random Highlights: My books have won various accolades and awards, I’ve been ranked as one of the top speakers at many events, was named as a Top 30 Global Guru in Organizational Culture for 4 years in a row, I was in a think-tank for the US Navy with John Hopkins to address sailor resiliency, 95% of our work is by referral and often creates long-term relationships, a lot of our work (including some of my favorite gigs!) we cannot share or discuss what or who due to the confidential nature of our engagements, we contribute 10% of our revenue to our IEP Impact Fund that supports underserved leaders and their growth and 10% of our profits to food insecurity, I love this work and the clients I get to work with, and I am excited everyday about who will step into this work with us.
Still want more? Okay! More detail:
Anese Cavanaugh is a leadership and collaboration advisor and thinking partner to some of today’s most creative organizations and business leaders in the world. She works with clients through private consulting and coaching, group training programs, and online self-paced programs designed to help people show up, set the tone, and lead the life and organizations they desire.
Clients, often deeming her body of work “the secret sauce” missing in their leadership, sales, and communication processes, and referring to her as a “game changer” and “miracle worker,” say she “builds creative leaders,” “gets people having honest conversations,” “brings love back into corporate,” “deprograms robots to humans,” and “unlocks potential.” Individuals and teams who go through her training programs consistently call them transformational — not only professionally, but personally as well — as they learn to show up more intentionally and work together more cohesively.
As a leading voice on Intention, Energy, and Presence (“IEP”) in leadership and culture, she created the IEP Method® to enable people to gain greater access to their own secret sauce for showing up more powerfully, collaborating more inspiringly, creating more openly, intuiting more bravely, and leading more joyfully and effectively.
Working with leaders and organizations in different industries — design, hospitality, tech, finance, marketing, sales, entertainment, law, education, government, healthcare, law enforcement, military, real estate, parenting, mental health, foster care, and other nonprofits — she knows one thing for sure: people are human; they want to connect, they want to be seen, they want to know they matter, and they want to have impact, and when you give them the space to Show Up with authenticity, intention, energy, presence, and love — magic happens.
Anese has spoken on stages around the world and virtually at Stanford University, UofM, Inc., Emerging Women, InBound, SAI, and other entrepreneurial, educational, and organizational conferences and events. She’s appeared on podcasts, radio, and TV shows such as The Unmistakeable Creative, The Art of Charm, The Bulletproof Executive, The Foundation, The Second Stage, Everybody Matters, Engaging Leaders, Unfinished Business, Sirius XM, You Turn, Aim Higher, and Fox40 News. She has a column on Inc.com, “Showing Up.” Her work and advice have been featured in HBR, The Huffington Post, CEO.com, The NY Times, and others.
She is the author of the book Contagious Culture: Show Up, Set the Tone, and Intentionally Create an Organization that Thrives (McGraw-Hill, 11/15) which has been adopted by various learning institutions and organizations around the country as core curriculum. Also, she is the author of THE LEADER YOU WILL BE: An Invitation (a leadership storybook, 2018) and The IEP Survival Guide: First Aid for Your Presence (2015) and The Little Book of Bootism (2009). Her most recent book CONTAGIOUS YOU: Unlock Your Power to Influence, Lead, and Create the Impact You Want was published by McGraw-Hill in 2019.
Anese has received numerous awards and accolades, including “book of the month” and “Top X” awards in organizations like IBM and Soundview’s Executive Education Program, the silver Axiom Business Book Award (in the 2020 leadership category for Contagious You), Soundview’s Top 30 Best Business Books for 2020, an award for “Professional Woman of the Year” for Coaching & Mentoring by the NAPW, and has been named as one of the Top 30 on the “Global Gurus Top 30 List for Organizational Culture” (for the last four years). Her methodology has been integrated into core curriculum and processes in multiple learning and leadership institutions, training, and talent programs in some of the organizations listed above. Finally, she offers online programs and trains “IEP-Activators” in different industries to customize the work to fit their organization’s needs, and then to teach it and pay this work forward.
As an active entrepreneur, advisor, author, teacher, movement-maker, and speaker for the last 19 years, Anese is also a mom to two kids and two rescue dogs in Rocklin, California. More @ anesecavanaugh.com.
For more on her personal bio, credentials and experience, and why she works privately with people, take a look at her private consulting page.
Contagious You Press Release
Full press release with testimonials, Q&A with Anese, and author bio.
Contagious Culture Press Release
Full press release with testimonials, Q&A with Anese, and author bio.